Monday, December 30, 2013

Sir Charles and the Daze of Olde - 1967 - Skoop - Santa Claus

We all have these daze, sitting on some wonderful 45's that you think everyone would have, with scads of info just waiting to be found. But, alas, sometimes you just can't find the band.

Sir Charles and the Daze of Olde, who are you? I've never heard a whisper of the identity of any of the band.

Maybe listening to the tunes will jog the brain cells.........

Comin' on Home
Baby Come Back

Good jangly tunes, from early 1967. The Skoop label is from Santa Claus, Indiana, so the band may be located somewhere nearby. Any ideas, info, speculation, or jeers is appreciated. Sir Charles has to be out there. Let's find them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was the keyboard player in Sir Charles, and the only member who was not a local. One of the guys heard me playing keyboard with our fraternity house band and invited me to join what was then called “Charlie and the Night Riders”. I thought the name was a bit out of step with the times and suggested the Sir Charles name. The band leader was Charlie Lashbrook. On bass was Bill Teague (“Tree” because of his stage presence reminiscent of Bill Wyman) who also joined our house band (“East of Midnight”). On guitar was Steve, whose last name escapes me, as does the last name of Ronnie, our fine drummer. My friend and fellow student Bill Ault later joined on tenor sax. I actually wrote most of the two (not particularly good) songs on the record, (“Lewis”), but Charlie wanted to share the credit around and I didn’t care. I now reside in Denver but maintain numerous friendships in Bloomington, one of whom made me aware of this article. For more info on Sir Charles or East, I can be reached at roadrunner80228@aol.com or 303-910-1629.
Great to see this after all these years!
Norm Lewis