Thursday, September 10, 2009

Revengers - 1967 band video - Ft. Wayne - Silly Putty


Good news Indiana '60s Band Szene people. Great video from a '66 Indiana band. I just can't remember what band it was/became. Could be the End (from Indianapolis, not LaPorte), or perhaps the Knightsmen. Anyone know, please enlighten me!! I lost most of my notes (and this video , on a really wet hard drive) in June '08s flood. Thanks to the recovery gods, you are now seeing it!

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the North Central Alumni reunion a couple of years back. Featured were the Joys of Life, Knightsmen, Sounds Unlimited, the End, and another I can't remember. If anyone has that web-page saved, could you please pass it on to me.

Enjoy the video!!!!!

UPDATE!!!

OK, finally found out the band name. The Revengers -

John Dinwiddie
Kent Baker
Bob Bain
Mike Maloney

Filmed at a "Disco Teen 15" show out of Ft. Wayne. Kent was in the 7th grade at the time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS GROUP IS NOT THE END NOR THE KNIGHTSMEN. I PLAYED WITH THE POOR BOYS AND LATER WITH J&THE RAIDERS OUT OF ARLINGTON H.S. 64 TO 68. BOTH ABOVE GROUPS WE PLAYED GIG'S WITH IN AND AROUND INDIANAPOLIS AND THE STATE. I KNEW BOTH GROUPS WELL ESPECIALLY THE KNIGHTSMEN WHO WERE ALSO OUT OF ARLINGTON H.S. SORRY I CAN'T I.D. THIS GROUP, BUT HOPE YOU FIND OUT. DON LARRABEE

Anonymous said...

That video is amazingly great. Thank you.

The drum head at the end says "The Space Between", is that not the band name?

vinylfool said...

It may have been for a time, but the video was under another bands credits for the reunion show. I'm really bummed I didn't recover the website data.

Anonymous said...

Tim, I'm going to leave this here.
THANKS SO MUCH for the dvd! It was so much fun watching BANDSTAND WLWI. What a treat!
Dave
Historic Columbus Indiana
And yes, we will definitely have to get together and talk about music and tv.