Monday, January 25, 2010

Misfits - Showboat - Santa Claus -1967

Let's go down to southern Indiana, circa 1967. The Misfits, On Showboat #1517. Tucked away in Santa Claus, Indiana, label owner Ray Scrivener released 45's with Showboat, Skoop, and Kasko imprints. Rock, country, gospel, and pop singles, alas none produced a hit.

Please Don't Go Away
I'll Feel Better (in the morning)

The Misfits are unknown so far. Songwriter credits
Kneeland - DeVillez. So, Indiana sleuths, let's get crackin'. There was a quantity of the 45 found, so prices aren't way out there.

Legend also has an acetate of unreleased songs "Cry, Cry, Cry - If You Believe in Yesterday". I'd love to get my hands on those tunes!

1 comment:

Jeff DeVillez said...

I as the singer and songwriter for the Misfits from Evansville(still have a few Black and White 8 X 10 promo pics somewhere)except for one song on the lost acetate,which was co-written by Bill Kneeland Jr and me.Bill wrote the guitar parts and Steve Gore played bass.At that time(RIP)David Blythe played drums and Dave Ransom played rhythm guitar.Shortly after this release,maybe six months-we lost Blythe,Ransom and Kneeland and Ed Karges came aboard on lead guitar.Ernest James"Jim"Sanders plated bass and sax.I played bass when Jim played sax.I have been in many bands since on at least 9 record labels.To see some of what I have done lately go to "www.reverbnation.com/jeffdevillez".I have had records manufactured in the USA,Guatemala,El Salvador,Italy and France since then in Spanish and English.,and have been distributed in dozens of countries and aired in many more,from Tokyo to Australia,to New Zealand,and most of Europe and Latin America.I have engineered dozens of artists live in stadiums and in the studio.I have produced 7 albums at Willie Nelson's Pedernales Ranch west of Austin.And many more in other studios in various countries.I did a vocal mix for my long time friend Gino Vannelli in 1980 at his private studio near LA.I also woked with Blue Oyster Cult,Foghat,Jimi Hendrix,Deep Purple,Jethro Tull,Canned Heat,Badfinger and many more in concert.I spoke with Jason on the phone several years ago.My E-mail is "wma_producer@sbcglobal.com. I have toured in Europe,Africa and most of Latin America,from Mexico to Tierra del Fuego performing in English and Spanish up to 4 concerts per week plus TV appearances and recording sessions.I worked with Menudo(Ricky Martin's group),as concert co-producer/engineer for about 35 stadium concerts and about 10 other platinum artists in the Spanish language market from Spain,Italy,Venezuela,Argentina.Brazil,El Salvador,Guatemala.Mexico,etc...